For several weeks, Walking Tall has been monitoring Oregon state and Rogue Valley community precautions that would affect our teen young men regarding the COVID-19 Virus. Please be confident that we take the safety of our teens, mentors and volunteers seriously. Leadership is working diligently to react in a prudent manner to this fluid health crisis. Walking Tall has implemented the following temporary measures:
- We will comply with mandates of state and local governments and follow the precautions of the schools and agencies with whom we work.
- We have cancelled the Portland Auto Show trip and all scheduled Monday and Tuesday workshop events for the remainder of March 2020. We will re-evaluate events and trips April 1st and use our newsletter, email and website platforms to keep you updated.
- No one with cold and flu symptoms will be admitted to Walking Tall events – including teens, mentors, volunteers and staff.
- Staff initiated self-sanitizing measures March 1st which included disinfectant wipe-downs of door handles, tabletops, and bathroom surfaces.
- We have reminded teens and mentors to wash or sanitize hands frequently.
- We have communicated to teens, mentors and volunteers to stay home if they feel sick.
Although our normal workshop event schedule is being postponed in March, Walking Tall has coordinated with one of our support partners for outdoor, small group fishing trips during the next two weeks. Those WT young men who desire to participate should text Judy @ 541-601-8999 for available openings.
Walking Tall appreciates your continued support. We trust that the Lord has his hand on this, and activities will soon be back to normal.
Please join us to pray healing over those affected and wisdom for those in need.